Ingredients (serves 2)
3 cloves garlic
1 pinch of salt
½ tsp black pepper
5g red chili
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium egg white only
40g buckwheat flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp shredded parmesan
1 tsp black pepper
7 slices bresaola
- Preheat the oven to fan 190°C/Gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly grease with a bit of the olive oil.
- Make the tomato sauce: gently heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the garlic for 1 minute, then add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper and a little chilli, if you like.
- Cook the tomatoes down to a thick sauce over a medium heat, lid off, which will take about 15 minutes, then mash the tomatoes with your spatula or blend to a paste if you like things less rustic.
- While the sauce is cooking, grate the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces using a hand grater or food processor.
- Put all of the pizza base ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a spoon, or add to the food processor and blend, to form a sticky dough.
- Spread the dough out with the back of the spoon on the prepared tray, shaping it into a 30 cm-diameter.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping it over after 15 minutes to cook the underside.
- Add the pizza toppings (tomato sauce, rocket, bresaola and parmesan).
- “We sneak some cauliflower (the flower) into the pizza base and then use protein-rich ingredients like almonds, egg white and buckwheat – that’s the power part of Flower Power Pizza” – Hemsley + Hemsley
- Almonds are source of protein and contain magnesium which is great for the nerve function, the blood sugar control, the sleep & constipation.
- Tomato is a fructo-oligosaccharide food so feeds the beneficial bacteria in our gut (prebiotics).
- Bresaola is a lean meat
- Rocket is a delicious salad with peppery flavour
- Cauliflower is part of cruciferous family of vegetables which are cancer-fighting. Is is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant rich. It provides impressive amounts of vitamins C, K, beta-carotene, while supporting digestion and detoxification.
Recipe inspired by Hemsley + Hemsley