Ingredients (serves 3)
2 cup of tinned chickpeas
½ tbsp of ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the beans between two paper towels and pat dry, loosening the outer skin of the beans.
- Remove the outer skins of the beans and pat dry to remove any other excess liquid (removing the outer skin of the beans takes a few minutes, but it’s a great job for getting kids involved).
- Whisk the cinnamon and oil in a bowl to combine, add the beans stirring to coat and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the oven, place in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of honey.
- Place the beans back into the oven and roast an additional 7 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Using spices such as cinnamon to enhance taste
- Cinnamon is a sedative for smooth muscle, circulatory stimulant, digestant, anticonvulsant, diuretic, antibiotic and has blood sugar lowering properties.
- Like other legumes, such as beans, peas, and lentils, chickpeas are high in fibre and protein, and contain several key vitamins and minerals.
Recipe inspired by Weelicious