Ingredients (serves 12)
2 tsp ground ginger
150 cashew nuts
- Pulse the oats and cashews in a food processor until they form a flour.
- Then pit the dates and add them to the food processor along with the ginger.
- Blend until everything has mixed together and formed a nice sticky dough. Roll the mixture into 12 equal sized balls and place in the fridge for an hour to set, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Using spices such as ginger to enhance taste.
- Nuts are a plant protein and source of Vitamin E which is know to be anti inflammatory, protect the skin and be antioxidant. Nuts are also source of Zinc which is great to fight bacteria.
- Dried fruits contains Thiamine (B1) which is known to reduce fatigue and reinforce hair, skin, nails, tooth. Dates are a great way to sweeten a dish without adding refined sugar.
- Oat is a fructo-oligosaccharide food so feeds the beneficial bacteria in our gut (prebiotics).
- Gingerol, the oily resin from the root present in ginger, acts as a highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Used in traditional asian medicine, it helps preventing among many other things, heart disease, nausea, cancer, diabetes etc.
Recipe inspired by Deliciously Ella