Ingredients (serves 2)
100g red pepper
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 slices of sourdough bread
- Wash and cut all the ingredients.
- Blend them.
- Season with salt & pepper at taste.
Enjoy chilled with a toasted sourdough bread.
- This recipe uses only seasonal ingredients. It is a very fresh dish, perfect for the summer!
- Tomato is a fructo-oligosaccharide food so feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut (prebiotics).
- Red peppers are one of the best sources of the red-coloured carotenoid pigment, lycopene, which is known for lowering the risk of prostate, pancreatic and cervical cancers. They are also ideal for topping up your store of two other carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, which are naturally found in the retina and can help prevent macular degeneration. They have notable levels of pyridoxine (vitamin B6), which plays an important role in brain function, plus antioxidant vitamins C and A.
- Cucumbers are low in calories but high in water & soluble fibre,and have several important vitamins and minerals (vitamin C, K, Magnesium, Potassium & Manganese)